HK Project (HKP) fosters a sense of belonging by encouraging residents to get involved. HK Project addresses the needs of the community by providing a framework for public service, charity, education, and arts and cultural enrichment for the Maplewood/South Orange area.
HK Project enhances the feeling of belonging and unity within our communities by making the welfare of our communities a common purpose among the members of the community.
The Project is centrally managed by a Board of Trustees which sets and maintains the mission, goals and objectives of the Fund. In addition, each local chapter will be managed by members of the community it serves. These members will include paid employees and unpaid community volunteers. The local chapters of the Fund will be staffed by employees and volunteers from within the local community.
HK Project qualifies as a 501(c)(3) charitable organization under the guidelines as set forth by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service. The Fund will be comprised of chapters that will be located directly in the community it serves. Funding needed to operate the local chapters as well as the activities of the Fund's trustees will be raised through charitable contributions and local fund raising events. It is anticipated that approximately 75% of all contributions and funds raised through events will be allocated to the local chapters. The other 25% will be allocated to the overall Fund administration and management. This allocation is subject to change as needs arise.
If you would like more information about HK Project and its services, please contact us via phone or email.
515 Valley Street, Suite 130
Maplewood, NJ 07040