Our Scholarship Fund
One high school senior currently enrolled in a local public high school will be designated as the HK Project Scholar for that community, to be used for an undergraduate degree at the college of his/her choice. Depending on availability of the funds, the scholarship will range from $1,000 to $5,000.
- Be a student at the local high school.
Have been accepted to either a two-year or four-year accredited college.
- Submit school transcripts that show that the applicant has at least a “B” average (or equivalent), or a passing grade for pass/fail classes, for each of the past three reporting periods.
- Have averaged at least 36 hours of community service in each of the previous two years (24 months) from the date of the application. The community service hours stipulated by the applicant must be supported by credible evidence, so determined by the HK Project Scholarship Committee.
- Submit a written personal statement describing the benefits realized by participating in the community service activities.
- Submit two letters of recommendation. One letter must be from a high school teacher and one from a member of one of the community service providers. The person making the recommendation must be 21 years of age older and cannot be a family member.
- Submit information detailing household income for the most recent two full calendar years. In addition, the applicant must submit a statement from their parent or guardian stipulating that their family’s financial condition has not materially changed since the last calendar year end, or if it has, the statement must describe how it has changed.
» Download the HK scholar application
HK Project Columbia High School Senior Softball Scholarship
The HK Project is offering a Columbia High School Senior Softball Scholarship to any high school senior girl who has participated (played/managed) in the Columbia High School Softball program for at least three seasons.
This $1,000 (non‐renewable) scholarship is awarded to support tuition and/or other expenses at a two or four year college or university during the 2012 fall academic semester. You must be accepted into a two or four year college or university before the scholarship will be awarded.
The scholarship will be sent directly to the college or university financial aid office in your name. If you do not attend or drop out of the semester, you will be expected to return the scholarship to the HK Project. The application is due by May 25th, 2012. This scholarship will be awarded at the Columbia High School Softball Awards Dinner in June.
» Download the HKCF Softball scholarship application
FOR MORE INFORMATION »